At A Glance
- Services that are offered by sellers on safefreelancer.com are called “Jobs”.
- It is free to join safefreelancer.com. You can use safefreelancer.com only once you have joined.
- The Freelancer can offer the services / jobs at any price of his choice.
- You may not make any offers to pay, or accept any kind of payment outside of safefreelancer.com. All orders must be made through safefreelancer.com. Users in breech of this WILL BE banned from using safefreelancer.com.
- To use SafeFreelancer, Users have to register for an account, provide accurate and complete information, and keep their account information updated. Both Buyers and Sellers undergo the same account registration process.
- Each account must be a personal account, but Users may trade as a sole trader, company or any other legal entity (whether incorporated or unincorporated).
- Users cannot register for more than one account.
The information that Users supply in the public profile of their account must comply with SafeFreelancer profile policies.
SafeFreelancer reserve the right to restrict your access, temporarily or indefinitely block your account, stop any Jobs you have in progress, warn other Buyers and Sellers of your actions or issue you a warning if:
- you breach the letter or spirit of these terms and conditions or the referenced policies;
- we are unable to verify or authenticate any information you provide to us;
- we believe that your actions may cause any loss or liability to our Users or to us
Users are solely responsible for any activity that occurs on their account, unless it is a result of actions beyond their control (such as hacking or if someone steals their password when they have taken reasonable steps to keep it secure). Users may never use another person’s user account or registration information for the Website.
Seller Specific Terms & Payment
- Each time you sell a job and successfully deliver it to the buyer, your account balance will be credited with the Nett revenue.
- Buyers pay safefreelancer.com for any orders in advanced, when ordered.
- Once the order is successfully completed, safefreelancer.com will accredit your balance.
- Funds are paid between 4th -7th of every month for the previous month. For High Revenue Generators, we can offer fortnight payments.
- Funds are paid either through Paypal (Outside India) or via Bank Deposit, Check (In India)
- If for some reason your order is cancelled, the revenues will be returned to the buyer.
- Seller and job ratings are determined by the positive or negative feedback from your buyer/client, as well as by order cancellation and late delivery.
- The seller will receive an email when someone buys the job.
- As a seller, you must meet the job delivery deadline specified when creating it. Failing to do this, will enable the buyer to cancel. Should it be cancelled it will negatively affect your seller rating and dealing with safefreelancer.com. Buyer can also submit negative reviews on your profile.
- If the buyer and seller reach a mutual agreement to cancel the job, it can be done so without any effect on the seller’s ratings.
Work Delivery & Communications
- When receiving any files from a member, you are responsible for scanning these files for any viruses, Trojans or any other unauthorised programs that may be embedded. safefreelancer.com will not be responsible for any damage that may occur on your system from infections.
- When you have delivered all the work, the buyer has three days to respond to you. Once that time has expired the job will be marked as completed.
All Sellers on SafeFreelancer must strive to deliver a high standard of work, appropriately meeting their Buyer’s needs.
Specifically, Sellers must ensure that all deliverables provided in a Job:
- are error free;
- fully address each of the Buyer’s defined requirements;
- are of a standard consistent with the level of expertise indicated in the Seller’s profile and
- are a complete set of deliverables as defined in the Job description.
On purchase of an Job the Buyer’s funds will be held in the SafeFreelancer Account.
The Buyer will then need to provide their requirements (as specified in the Job description page) via “Make An Enquiry For This Product” button so that the Seller can get started.
Once the requirements are provided by the Buyer, the Seller must:
- respond within one (1) working day to confirm work has started otherwise the Buyer may request and will be entitled to a refund;
- provide regular progress updates and respond within one (1) working day to all messages from the Buyer;
- complete the Job within the delivery timescales indicated in their Job description including handover of all deliverables. Failing to deliver within those timescales may mean the Buyer requests and is entitled to a refund.
- Late or non-delivery will negatively affect the Seller’s rankings on SafeFreelancer.
The Buyer must provide their detailed requirements in the Job so that the Seller can get started. These requirements should include (but not be limited to):
- timeframe for delivery of the Job or milestones;
- description of any subjective elements of the Job like aesthetics providing similar examples;
- breakdown of all expected deliverables;
- any other expectations for the work.
- When the Job is completed and the Seller has been paid by the Buyer, the Buyer is requested to provide qualitative feedback and a rating from 1-5 of the Seller.
- Users must not falsify feedback, manipulate or coerce another User by threatening negative feedback or offer incentives in exchange for feedback. Any attempts of this nature should be reported immediately to SafeFreelancer.
- Feedback comments that are reported to us as defamatory, abusive or offensive will be reviewed and may be removed at our discretion.
A Buyer is entitled to receive a refund of funds held in the Escrow Account under the following circumstances:
- no response: the Seller has not responded in the WorkStream within one (1) working day of the Commencement of the Job;
- non-delivery: agreed scope of work was not delivered within the agreed timescales;
- poor quality: with the exception of per hour rate Custom Jobs, the deliverables provided by the Seller do not meet the terms or
- the Seller lost a Dispute.
- Buyer and Seller may mutually agree to a refund for reasons other than the previous clause however authorization of such refunds will be subject to a review by SafeFreelancer.
Safe Freelancer charge Sellers a Service Fee of a 20% (excl. VAT / Service tax) on all work billed and paid by the Buyer (earnings).
SafeFreelancer do not charge a fee to the Buyer.
These terms and conditions and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them or their subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of India (Haryana). The courts of India(Panchkula, Haryana) shall have non-exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with these terms and conditions or their subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims).